We are under renovations and the Birdhouse is moving! My family and I have moved into the front of the house at 82 Main St. and the rear is starting the renovation process to turn it into retail space! While we have enjoyed our time at 240 Presqu’ile Parkway, and our...
We are excited to launch our new BIRDHOUSE ONLINE STORE for all your essential bird feeding needs. We are working hard to add all of those critical items to the store starting with food, feeders, nesting, and accessories. Online Orders can be delivered locally with a...
The Birdhouse Nature Store – ONLINE!
We are super excited to be able to offer online ordering with local pickup and delivery options. About 180 of our products are now available in our online store but, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, do not hesitate to give us a call. We have A LOT more in store.
STOP AND READ!!!
If you are outside of our 25km delivery area, the online shopping site will not calculate shipping for you. The online site is for local purchases only for local delivery and curbside/porch pickup.
PLEASE CALL THE STORE IF YOU REQUIRE SHIPPING. 613-475-9510
We are offering 2 online options which will be presented during checkout based on your delivery address.
- Online Option #1 – Curbside Pickup or as we like to call it, Porch Pick Up.
- Online Option #2 – Free Local Delivery – During Covid Lockdown this is free within 25km. When the lockdown stops, delivery is available within 25km with a $75 minimum order will kick in to help us cover our costs.
Do you require shipping?
- Most of our backyard birding products may be available for shipping outside of our local delivery area. Please call the store for details before ordering and be prepared to share your address and phone number so we can calculate shipping costs.
- WE DO NOT SHIP SEED. You don’t want to know how much that costs!
- We do not ship to the USA at this time.
Please be sure when entering your payment info that you enter your address correctly. Any spelling or grammatical differences from what your credit card company has listed for you will result in a failed order and is beyond our control.
Covid-19: We are essential and we are open!
Please read the following for your safety and ours.
Three Ways to Shop!
1. Online and Telephone Orders with Porch Pick up and Limited Local Home Delivery. (These is only options during the State of Emergency)
- PORCH PICK UP OPTION : Once you place your online order, we will give you a call to arrange a pickup time. Please access the porch through the well marked path on the right as you approach the store.
We will call YOU. WE will call you. Have we mentioned when you place an online order, WE will call YOU?! 😉
- LOCAL DELIVERY OPTION – For those that are not able to make it to the store, and who live within 25km of the store, we are offering a limited local delivery option. A minimum order of $75 applies for delivery (free during LOCKDOWN and STATE OF EMERGENCY).
If you live in Brighton proper, we are happy to deliver for free and no minimums (at our discretion) – please call the store to discuss. 613-475-9510
2. Walk Up Window available. (Not during State of Emergency Lockdown)
This continues through lock down. Access on line at left of building. Masks must be worn.
3.In Store shopping (Not available during any level of lockdown)
* In Store Shopping: During the state of emergency we cannot offer in store shopping.
Those who cannot wear masks are offered online services only. We will do our best to accommodate.
- NON LOCKDOWN COVID TIME: To limit exposure, and to maintain social distancing, we are encouraging credit card and visa debit payments by tap preferably (insertion with hand sanitization where necessary) but will accept cash.(NO CASH DURING LOCKDOWNS) All change made for cash payments has been cleaned with a Norwex cloth for your safety and ours. Online orders are encouraged where possible. Telephone payments are processed online by us. See next item for info required.
- DURING STATE OF EMERGENCY – Telephone orders will be processed through our online processor and requires name, address, phone number, email, your credit card number and expiry date. Regular use of our debit/credit POS will not be used as face to face sales are prohibited at this time.
We have important policies in place throughout this crisis to make sure you have access to the birds in your backyard to bring you joy.
We are practising hand washing and sanitizing when needed, and products are wiped down with Norwex BacLock Envirocloths that are rated 99% effective in picking up pathogens that can make us ill.
This helps us ensure that chemicals do not impact the birds we seek to bring to your feeders.
We do, however, recommend that when you get your products home you clean to your own specifications being mindful of our feathered friends.
NON LOCKDOWN COVID MEASURES
FOR IN STORE SHOPPING:
1. We are limiting to 2 adults/people max (no children 13 and under). If you’ve arrived at the store, please ask at the window if entry is possible. A time limit of 15 minutes per visit may be imposed if any kind of a line up to come inside happens. You are welcome to get back in line for a second go round of in store shopping.
2. Masks (Face Shields on their own are not permitted) must be worn and worn properly at all times. Pulling masks down to speak or breathe easier is not permitted in store. If your mask is making you uncomfortable, we totally get it – we hate them too – just please let us know and we will happily let you outside to catch your breath.
3. Hands must be sanitized before entry. We also ask that you refrain from touching product unless you’ve made the decision to purchase.
4. If you have any Covid symptoms please stay home. We are happy to serve you otherwise at the Walk Up Window on our porch.
5. Everyone will be asked for first and last name and phone number for Contact Tracing who comes inside the store as of September 4.
6. People who cannot/will not mask for various reasons we are thrilled to help ONLINE or by phone or at the walk up window. No mask, no entry.
FOR WALK UP WINDOW SHOPPING
Due to new anecdotal evidence of community transmission outside, masks and hand sanitizing are required on the porch for Walk Up Window Service. We are happy to bring to the window anything in store for you to look at and can process payments right there. Please access the Walk Up Window at the well marked path on the left as you approach the store. Those with medical exemptions for not wearing a mask will continue to be permitted on the porch although our preference is to serve them online for maximum safety.
OUR COVID VIEWS
You will be asked to leave the store if you cannot work within our policies and guidelines. No compromises on this one. We are required by the government to have safety protocols in place. Regardless of customer beliefs in masks or the validity of the virus, our guidelines will be enforced for safety of employees, customers and family. Masks are to be worn by everyone. If you cannot wear, we are happy to take care of you online or by telephone if necessary. We will do our best to accommodate where we can, but our priority will always be our health and that of our families.
These are rough times and Covid Fatigue is a real thing. Unfortunately we see it here at the store and out in the area on the regular. We ask for and extend compassion in our retail setting. Nothing is the same anywhere and everywhere has slightly different procedures because as businesses we control what happens in our stores within certain guidelines, which we know can be frustrating during these times.
Please join our Facebook page or watch Google for changes to our hours and policies. The website is trickier to update on the fly.
The “Right Stuff ” Refill Bucket Program
YES! We are still offering the refill service here at the store during the COVID-19 crisis.
If you have our buckets that need refilling, please order the RIGHT20RF for 20lb refill or RIGHT10RF for 10lb refill. Your storage buckets purchased elsewhere will not be used/refilled for this program.
When you come to the store for your time-slotted porch pick up of your order, you will find we have a process in place to facilitate our program.
- Place the buckets, with lids off on the ground beside, sticker side up, on the white X on the front porch and back up to the second X marked for your social distancing protection.
- We will refill your buckets without touching your buckets and stamp your lid and will then step back.
- You replace the lid(s) and you are good to go!
Thank you for your order and for continuing to participate in the Little Seeds, Big Ripples Initiative.
Stunning Presqu'ile Pendant
Carry Presqu’ile Provincial Park with you wherever you go! This stunning hand-made, limited edition, sterling silver pendant of the map of Presqu’ile Provincial Park will keep it close to your heart. Exclusive to the Birdhouse Nature Store, we are donating $10 from the sale of each pendant to The Friends of Presqu’ile Park in support of their important work.
At the Birdhouse Nature Store we stock a wide variety of products all designed to enhance your bird feeding experience. We carry a full compliment of quality food including bird seed, suet, and the famous Right Stuff mix blended right here in the store. We also have an extensive range of bird feeders including squirrel proof feeders and speciality feeders for hummingbirds, orioles, finches, songbirds, butterflies, and bees. Finally, we carry a wide variety of accessories including poles, baffles, and more. Vortex binoculars has now been added to the list of items we carry here at The Birdhouse. You’ve been feeding and watching them…wouldn’t it be lovely to see them in all their glorious detail?
At the Birdhouse Nature Store we pride ourselves on the quality of our bird food. This is the backbone of feeding the wild birds in your yard. We often tell our customers “If you want to see the birds in your yard, you’ve got to feed them!” In Spring, feeding the birds helps support them as they nest and feed their babies. It the winter, it can make a difference in their survival on the coldest of days. Digestion is how birds keep warm. The carbohydrates and fats in seed help to facilitate those dietary needs. We carry a broad range of seed products including our own mix called The Right Stuff. We love it, our customers love it and the birds love it. They’ll let you know when it’s time to fill up those feeders. Check it out! Where peanuts are concerned we’ve got you covered. From raw peanuts to roasted deluxe peanuts to peanuts in the shell! A multitude of other seeds cover all your back yard birds taste buds!
Not all bird feeders are created equal! There are a multitude of feeders available to make just about any bird happy to land in your backyard. Feed just the cardinals, feed everybody, keep the squirrels out or feed even just the squirrels! It’s all up to you and which feeder you choose to get the job done!
Bird Houses & Nests
The variety of birdhouses and nests almost equals the variety of birds that we find in our gardens. At the Birdhouse Nature Store, we carry a wide range of nesting and birdhouse products and accessories to ensure that you are able to give your wild birds a home in your garden.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Call us! We are still building our online store and we are adding more products every day. In the meantime, if you can’t find what you’re looking for then please give us a call or come to the Walk Up Window.